Saturday, October 11, 2008

Introducing The Dancer's Quote Book

When I started this blog a couple of years ago, I wished that there was a good book of quotations by and about dancers. I only came across one or two small gift books with a dance theme and so I began compiling my favorite quotes as I read interviews and books. The result is The Dancer's Quote Book, an 85 page collection of dance humor and wisdom.

Valery Lantratov is quoted here, as are Mikhail Baryshnikov, Martha Graham, Anna Pavlova, Isadora Ducan, Fred Astaire, Gregory Hines and many others. The quotes explore dance in all its complexity, from technique to body image to pain and spiritual joy. It is available now through Lulu.com as a paperback book or a downloadable ebook.

I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I enjoyed compiling it.